10.19.2010

I dedicate this song to molly and grace.

If you know me well, you know how much I LOVE Joshua Radin. As in, he's my number one. As in, I have ALL of his music. As in, he's been at the top of my concert-to-see list for quite some time now. Tonight, my dreams came TRUE. Not only did I see JOSHUA RADIN IN CONCERT. But, I was front and center. I made eye contact with him. He smiled at me. (pretty sure I gave him the biggest smiles ever) Then there was a conversation (from the stage, to the audience) that went a little bit like this:

Joshua: Something about how he's going back to the states...
Grace: "That's where I'm from!!"
Joshua: "What part?"
Grace and Molly together: "Utah!"
Joshua: "New York?"
Grace and Molly together: "UTAH!"
Joshua: "I like Utah, it has great skiing!"
Grace: "We came all the way from Utah just to see your concert!"
Joshua: "Oh wow. That's humbling."
Us: "We love you!"
Joshua: "What's your name?"
Grace: "Grace!"
Joshua: "Grace? That's a good name."
Molly: "Molly!"
Joshua: "And Molly. Well Grace and Molly, I dedicate this next song to you."
I can't remember the EXACT words...but those are pretty darn close. I was FREAKING OUT. 
He was full on talking to us. Looking at us. Directly. BOTH of us. I LOVE HIM.

Then he sang Today. Please listen to it. It's one of his best! I actually featured it on my other blog a while back.... you can go find it if you want to...

My favorite part about Joshua? His sexy speaking voice! Low voices just get me. Plus, his stage presence is unreal. Seriously. He owns it.

I just cannot express how magical it was...him looking at us while he sang. His interactions with the crowd were fantastic. Plus he kept telling our front little section (probably like five of us...) that he was loving us.

For the encore he came onto the FLOOR. In the middle of the crowd. Once it was over he was being mobbed as he made his way through it. Included in that mob:
Grace grabbing him and reminding him of her name. His response: Grace from Utah! Thank you so much!
Morgan yelling at him to turn around and both her and Jordan grabbing both his biceps. His response to Morgan: Calls her darling then KISSES her HAND. (swoon) His response to Jordan: a firm squeeze of the hand...goes for the kiss...pulled away by security.

We basically haven't been able to stop talking/freaking out about it since. We of course bought t-shirts (that I can't wait to wear) AND we got our tickets signed by Justin Nozuka (the opener...who was also amazing). I feel like I'm twelve.
And I'm loving every minute of it.

I hope I have portrayed how epic this night was. No other word to describe it. Well...magical might work too. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it!~ Sounds like the night of a life time!!! I am so jealous. But of course he would love all of you beauties. Miss all your smiles.

    ReplyDelete