10.06.2010

a few words on france.

It was dirrrty. Graffiti was everywhere. The metro smelled funky. There were way too many creeper men speaking to me in a language I did not know.

BUT

Paris probably has the most (insert favorite adjective for something you adore here) museums I have EVER seen. (Admittedly, I haven't much to compare to other than London...but STILL)
The Seine and the bridges that cross it changed my life. No words.
Crepes and Paninis on every corner? I can't imagine many things better than that. 
 The smaller towns are like dreams... exactly what I pictured France to be like (only better). 

I went to so many places in the five days I was there it was ridiculous (just ask my poor feet, they hated me for it). Want a small idea?
River Seine Boat Tour. Musee L'Orangerie. The Tuileries. THE LOUVRE. Musee d'Orsay. Eiffel Tower. Arc de Triomphe. Champs E'lysses. Opera Garnier (favorite). Chartres. Saint Michel. Notre Dame. VERSAILLES. Musee Rodin. Amiens. 521 WWI sites/cemeteries/memorials.
(3 days in Paris. 2 days seeing WWI sites in random spots.)

I basked in the beauty of Monet's Waterlilies. I was awed by Winged Victory and basically ran a marathon in the Louvre. I walked twice the amount I should have (I was in a foreign city, where they spoke a foreign language...so, naturally). And I spent over 100 Euros on food (which is all I bought). 

The weather was beautiful, we had a dance party at every major site, and we conquered all of our hangry moments.
It was a lovely vacation.

My FAVORITE PART ABOUT COMING HOME FROM FRANCE??

My home is now London. And it actually feels that way. 
I love this city. 


***(side note: this post has taken so long because the internet HATES me. I've tried multiple times to upload lots of (or even just one) pictures to make you all jealous...sorry won't. work. oh well!)***

1 comment: